There has been a lot of talk on Slack about taking jobs just to get out of your current situation (toxic company culture, lack work-life balance, the list goes on), even if those new jobs aren't a good fit for us. I get it; I've done the same.
In order to help us get out of that cycle, I thought we as a community should be talking more about playing the long game.
Let's shift the conversation, from "how can I survive at this company?" to "how can I thrive in the next one?".
I want us to talk about long-term goals in #career_talk, #design, and #code_talk!
Here 5 ways you might want to play the long game:
Want more details on our upcoming study group?
How so you plan on playing the long game? How have you been playing the long game, or is this going to be a new career move for you? Let us know!
Welcome! My name is LaToya and I'm a full stack developer, speaker, and the founder of SheNomads. I'm building an inclusive community around tech, travel, and remote work. Let's get to know each other!
1. 5 Tools Every Developer Needs to Remote Pair
2. Why I Quit My Job, Sold All My Stuff, Moved Out of My NYC Apartment, and Became a Digital Nomad
3. No, You Can't Pick My Brain
4. 5 Ways to Become a Strong Junior Developer
5. 24 Hours with a Digital Nomad: Maia Hariton